It was a busy week at AlphaBack, managing and measuring various growth tactics. We’re approaching our growth experiment’s review date on Dec. 5th. At that point, we’ll perform a deep dive on each GTM tactic, review hypotheses / conclusions, and determine next steps.
- Prospecting Shopify Stores. Email outreach continues, and we’re seeing better reply rates (4.8%) than before (0.8%).
- TikTok Creators. Our video content has been viewed 171,037 times, totaling over 150 hours of consumed content. After posting 80 videos over the past 30 days, we learned this tactic requires significant ongoing effort. To make this sustainable, we are experimenting with outsourced content creation via college students.
- Micro-influencers. In the same vein, we also began researching and contacting micro-influencers on TikTok and YouTube. In coming weeks, we’ll launch a campaign that promotes the browser extension to their audiences.
- Ads Suspended. Google replied to our appeal, emphasizing that their suspension is final. This may be a blessing in disguise. On the one hand, Google Ads averaged $3.93 CAC, approaching our target of $3 CAC. On the other hand, we found that the overwhelming majority of click activity was in Pakistan, India, Nigeria, and many other EMEA / APAC countries. Filtering for North America, the cost per click was 10x higher. We estimate the North American CAC at $30 – $40 given the available data. While we welcome users from all parts of the world, our economic model (and $250 per year value proposition) is grounded in North American advertising CPM rates.
- Shopify Partnership Campaign. We’ve contacted 891 Shopify stores, but only one has expressed interest in a meeting. The remaining 98% of replying stores expressed “no interest.”
- None this week.
Thank you for reading and following our journey 🙏
Lastly, just a heads-up that we’re skipping an email update on Nov. 27th in observance of Thanksgiving in the U.S.